Friday, November 6, 2009

Sandwich, Schmandwich


I had a sandwich board sitting outside my house near the sidewalk. We live on a well traveled path, a route for walkers, runners, cyclists, and strollers. Having a sandwich board with a box for postcards was a great way to get my art known in the area. In fact, I have had the chance to create commissioned pieces, sell prints and originals to many of my neighbors. It has not only been a good source of business, but has also helped create relationships in the neighborhood.

A couple of months ago as I returned from my run, I saw that my sandwich board was gone. Gone! At first I was shocked. Really? Who would take my sandwich board? Why would they take it? It was beyond understanding.

(Now, if I am going to be completely honest I have to say that I was a little flattered that someone would actually go to the effort of taking it and wanting it. This, however, does not justify the wrongness of it all.)

I had been thinking of creating a new board. This incident just pushed the idea to the forefront. I now have a new sandwich board - all shiny and bright. I have tried to secure it by locking it to a sunken post.

If you do know where my old one is, I would love to have her back. It's not okay to take someone elses stuff.
Be good,
Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i genuinely love all your posting type, very useful,
don't give up as well as keep penning due to the fact it just good worth to look through it.
looking forward to look at much more of your current stories, good bye!